|The guidelines for issuing certificates, and for making changes, are given below. Part of the reason for these is that DfE Regulations on charges to students make it illegal for us to charge for the first copy of the transcript. The charges listed under 'Fees, Charges and Expenses, All Students, paragraph 11' came into effect from 2 September 2013.|
The rationale behind these guidelines is as follows:
Reviewed in July 2016; no changes made
- In general students can reasonably expect to be provided, on request, with at least a minimum level of documentation free of charge as a consequence of their registration with the University.
- Any charges made will only be a contribution towards the costs involved. If we attempted to recover full costs, the charges would be reasonably high.
- To base charges on the amount of work involved to meet every different kind of request would lead to a long and complicated scale of charges. The scale of charges is short and intended to be reasonably easy to use.
- Consistency with these guidelines in all offices is important. However, Deans or the Heads of Professional Services have the authority to amend or waive these charges in exceptional individual cases.
- The system should run smoothly and minimise labour. For that reason all requests should be made from the University of Southampton's online store (referenced on the Awards website) so that appropriate payments accompany the request.
Reviewed in June 2017; no changes made